SpecSeal® SSP Putty is a non-hardening, intumescent compound designed to seal through-penetrations as well as certain membrane penetrations (med-gas valve box, tub & shower valve, clean-out tee) against the spread of fire, smoke and hot gasses. SpecSeal® Putty expands up to eight times its original size when exposed to high temperatures or flames.
Requiring no tools, SpecSeal® SSP Putty is soft and pliable making it easy to install by hand packing into openings. Its aggressive adhesion makes it suitable for use with all common construction materials as well as cable jacketing and pipes. SpecSeal® Putty remains soft and easy to reuse or retrofit.
SpecSeal® Putty has been tested to ASTM E814 (UL1479), CAN/ULC-S115and to UL263 (ASTM E119, NFPA251) and are Certified for up to 2 hours as a Wall Opening Protective Material for use with both metallic and nonmetallic outlet or switch boxes installed in gypsum wallboard assemblies (steel and wood stud assemblies).
- Endothermic fillers absorb heat & release water
- Highly adhesive formula - stays put, allows movement
- Soft & pliable for easy installation
- No water-soluble expansion ingredients means better water resistance
- Excellent sound attenuation properties
- Reduces noise transmission
SSP100 Product Data Sheet