Superior Essex 04-001-A4 EnduraGain® OSP Shielded Cat6A Cable is a robust category 6A cable designed to provide an extension of the LAN beyond the premises or in situations where the NEC code requires an OSP-rated cable when it is in contact with earth, whether in a conduit or not. The cable consists of four (4) balanced twisted pairs surrounded by Superior Essex PFM™ gel that does not drip or flow, even in cell tower applications at elevated temperatures. The jacketed core is covered with dry block and an 8 mil aluminum tape shield providing exceptional Alien Crosstalk (AXT) performance. The outer jacket is OSP-grade black, polyethylene for superior sunlight and abrasion resistance. This shielded design is suitable for the following deployments: duct, underground conduit, tower, lashed aerial or open trench.
- Transmission performance characterized to 500 MHz for CAT 6A assures ample overhead for reliable transmission in an OSP-rated cable allowing extension of the premises LAN
- 8 mil aluminum tape shield provides protection against EMI/RFI
- Dry block between shield and inner jacket prevents water ingress between shield and inner cable preventing damage to equipment
- PFM gel-filled core construction prevents intrusion of moisture and easily wipes clean during installation
- OSP-grade black polyethylene jacket is sunlight and weather resistant.
- ColorTip® circuit identification system allows installer to easily identify conductor mates even in low-light environments
4 pair 23 AWG Solid Annealed Copper conductotrs with Polyolefin insulation
Polyolefin cross-web seperator
PFM gel-filled core construction
Electrically continous shield
Black, sunlight and weather resistant polyethylene jacket
Nominal OD .39"
Made in the USA
OSP Installation Guidelines